Fighting Fear with Faith


The most persistent test that any believer will endure is the test of Faith.
Sure, you've declared your allegiance to Jesus Christ as your lord and personal savior.
And sure you've committed %1000 percent to truth that only Jesus is God, and God is supreme.

But have you really?

Everyday as a believer you will have to walk by faith. The bible plainly states: For we walk by faith, not by sight.(2 cor. 5:7)

And I'm sure you've heard that verse in more than one sermon if you're a church attender.
But do you actually understand what it means?

Faith asks the question..do you trust and believe that God is who he says he is? Do you trust and believe that God will do what he says he'll do?

Ultimately faith asks the question: is God a liar, YES or NO. If you say NO, then PROVE IT.

How do you prove it? By simply believing and staying steadfast.

That means that when things aren't looking like what God said they would, you still believe.
That means that when life is hitting you like a ton of bricks, you still believe.
That means when everyone else in your life is telling you that the reality of the situation, but God's word says something different... you. still. believe.

Faith is the hardest test you'll battle as a believer, because this human world is not your own. Because this world is not your permanent dwelling...you can never conform. Because you can never fit in, you will always stand out.

Life tells us that standing out leaves room for the naysayers, the critics and the 'haters'.

So that means your faith will always be tested.

As I walk out my salvation, God in his goodness continues to reveal the purpose of  life to me. Only if we endure in faith will  we be able to stand in the ultimate glory of Christ when we finally are face to face.

It's easy to believe in a perfect, holy, good and righteous God when life is blissful.
It's easy to believe when you have stellar grades, your parents are still together, your car is in excellent condition.
It's easy to believe in a perfect, holy, good and righteous God when your health is in order and your bank account is flourishing.

Why?

You're walking in the tangiable blessings of God, it's something you can touch and feel.

But why is it that when things go wrong, we as believers waiver in our faith?
Does God cease to be the perfect, holy, good and righteous God of yesterday?

No. The word says that Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever God. (Hebrews 13:8) That means that He never changes. So why do we stop believing?

It's fear. The enemy knows that if he can send obstacles into our lives, if he can shake us from our steadfast trust in the Lord, then our salvation is gone and the fiery reality of damnation awaits.

It's not an accident that the greatest tests in life seem to be the ones that hinder your divinely ordained purpose.

Think about it.
What are the personal promises of God in your life?
Now where do you struggle the most?

I know that there's a holy calling on my life, but honestly for so long, I fought.
I would tell myself: "Lord, I'm not good enough to teach people about you".

Lord, I've done so much evil...I do so much evil. Father, why would you use the girl who used to dress this way, think this way, act this way?

I fought my calling long before I knew it by wholeheartedly running to the World. I did this because I knew I wasn't qualified for the life that God truly intended for me, and what did the enemy do? He used my fear to bind me.

Fear was the gateway and sin the destination.


Thank God for his steadfast love. I will never be qualified, and that's why I need salvation. I had to really know God to know that truth.

If you struggle with trusting God, rest assured that his word says that even when you are faithless, He is faithful(2 Tim. 2:13). The truth of who God is has nothing to do with us humans. He still remains true to himself even when we doubt.

If you struggle with faith, turn to God. He has given you a measure of faith (Romans 12:3). That means you have the ability to believe if only you'll turn to the one in whom you believe.

I know life is hard, and I know sometimes it just seems to get harder. But be encourage you to really trust God. Even when you don't feel like it...or want to, trust God.



Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).
The first step starts with you knowing what God is saying through his word. It's time to stop letting other people tell you what God has in store for you, walk boldly in the authority of your salvation.

With God in control, your life is good. Trust God, he is trustworthy.


All my love,
Obioma


No comments