An Attitude of Gratitude

Ya'll, honesty hour.

These past three months, my attitude has sucked. Although not outwardly visible, I knew it and God knew it.
You see, I have a lot of life changes going on right now. My life isn't a balance, it's a juggling act. Sometimes I drop the ball, sometimes I drop multiple balls. The greatest lesson I'm learning: pick the balls back up and keep going.

But back to my attitude. I've been trusting God for a couple of things. My prayer life has been a bombardment of requests, and it honestly feels like He's real quiet. I'd love to say I prevailed and continued the faith with the same level of enthusiasm as I started out, but I didn't. I threw pity parties, obeyed begrudgingly, fasted, cried and the list goes on.

Through out this process, the Holy Spirit through sermons, people, articles has been challenging me to walk in gratitude. Instead of using my perspective to focus on what I don't have and what I do want, why not chose to focus on what God has done and where I am.

Below is a short list of 26 things I'm grateful for. I hope as you're pondering on unanswered requests the Holy Spirit challenges you to focus on what God has done. Remember that access to God starts with thanksgiving and praise.


Psalm 100:4 King James Version (KJV)

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.


26 things I'm grateful for


1. Health - In this world of disease and death, I'm so grateful that God has allowed my body to remain in perfect health
2. Life - No man is promised tomorrow, yet here I am. Thank you Jesus
3. My parents and brother - You can't choose your family, but I'm so grateful for the ones I've been given.
4. Fiancé - He liked it so much, he put a ring on it. If ya'll only knew half the testimony
5. Education - Two degrees, wow. Nothing but God
6. Faith - I can choose to worship Jesus, openly, and unashamed
7. Friends - From my bestie to my closeties, I'm showered by real love all the time.
8 .Home - I have an apartment that I can afford, and I don't have to worry about where I lay my head
9. Car - I have four wheels, it may not be a G-Wagon, but it's gotten me everywhere and then some
10. Job - I prayed and cried for my present internship. God obliged, more and better than I expected and asked for.
11. Church - I'm connected to an amazing body of believers, they never cease to amaze me.
12. Finances - There was a time I couldn't dream of affording the things I swipe so casually to pay for.
13. Past - Even when I made the worst choices, my past is an example of the reckless love of God.
14.Culture - Naija no dey care last, I'm proud to be a part of a rich blood line. #igbokwenu
15. Future - Although tomorrow's not promised, my future is assured and God promises to work all things out for my good.
16. Gifts - I love the fact that I have talents and giftings built into my nature and that God continues to bless the works of my hand.
17. Cyber community - I get so much love from people I've never met all because of the internet - wow!
18. Travel - I've gone so many places and preached the gospel in different continents, that's nothing But God.
19. God's No - Every no has been because he desires to give me exceedingly abundantly all I could want or imagine.
20. God's blessings - From randomly finding 5 dollars, to getting the dream career. I'm grateful
21. Ministry - I'm honored God entrusts me with his flock. To think the God of the universe thinks I'm worthy of sheparding his flock.
22. Fashion sense - I know someone may laugh at this, but I love the fact that God has gifted me with a passion for fashion (el-oh-el)
23. The yearn for more - I'm grateful that I'm not content with anything less than God's best. As frustrating as it may be at times, it's a blessing to not be willing to settle.
24. The Bible - I love that there's a living breathing standard of holiness, anytime I have questions, it's there lighting up the way.
25. Favor - Walking in the favor of God is unreal and marked with undeserved blessings at unexpected times.
26. A relationship with the Holy God - This one is self explanatory. No other religion advocates for intimacy with the most High God. I'm grateful that I can talk to Jesus as friend, savior, father, protector and the list goes on.

Remember in the face of temptation. You serve a faith God, and He has blessed you exceedingly abundantly. Rest in that.

All my love,
Obioma
Celebrating my 26th birthday in style. 

No comments