A desenitisized Christian is a weak Christian


In awe at the power of God. Trinidad Missions June 2016

As I was praying today, I came to a divine revelation: because I am a child of God, the authority and power of God rest with me. That means that I have the liberty to tell the powers of hell what to do and they are obligated to listen to me.

Luke 10:19 Behold, I have given you authority to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall hurt you. 

Too deep?
Let me pause and rewind.

For the last several months, I felt under spiritual attack. I felt like the enemy was finding opportunities to shoot a hole in every plan I had. I desired God, but I didn't desire Him like I used to. 
I just felt demoralized, like I'd lost my desire for godly living. Because I knew the truth...I couldn't just walk away from God. So like any believer, I wrestled instead.

This time the struggle was different, it was reoccurring...it seemed like every other day, the feelings would comeback. I wasn't exactly depressed, more hopeless. 
 I doubted life, my purpose, my calling, and God. I would say the feeling felt worst than any depression.
I tried light fasting(3-10 days). It would feel like a temporary fix, but ultimately, the feelings would creep back up.

Fast forward to June, I began a Daniel's fast and made the commitment to pray and abstain from eating animal products and sugars in order to overcome whatever was trying to overcome me.
[Here's a pretty comprehensive website on what the daniel's fast and the purpose of such a fast: http://daniel-fast.com]

Matthew 17:21 speaks about the reality that some demons can only be overcome through prayer and fasting. If you're a Christian, fasting is not optional for your life, it's biblical and it will be necessary to persevere.

I say all this to say as Christians, especially in the west, we lack the knowledge of what spiritual warfare is and what it looks like.

Ultimately, we lack the knowledge that the world is founded in the spiritual realm. Before there was  a physical world, the spiritual one existed and still exists.
 
If the enemy can rob you of the understanding that you have authority to move things in the physical through your authority in the spiritual...then he has created a weak Christian. A weak Christian is an ineffective Christian.

With modernization  the West has become dependent on the physical world for every answer. I'm not discrediting doctors or professionals who help alleviate real problems. What I'm saying is this: nothing is a substitute for prayer.

The enemy has created weak Christians who have no awareness of the spiritual realm. These believers have a spiritual encounter with Jesus, accept salvation, and then rely on their physical self to get them out of the mess they've made of their lives.

God wants so much for us than that. Numerous time in scripture, the Word calls believers overcomers, because our purpose on this earth is not to merely be saved, but to overcome. In order to overcome, we must walk in the spiritual authority that God has given us. 

But how can we walk in authority in a realm that we don't acknowledge exists?

I get weak at heart when I see professing believers who listen to the music of this world, entertain the shows of this world, indulge in the conversations of this world. I get weak because I know that it ruins their credibility in the spirit realm...it weakens their prayer life and it renders their declarations against the enemy null.


It's time as believers that we truly have an understanding of what is required in this life of faith. Stop desensitizing yourself to the spiritual things of this world.
Stop pretending that your issues are not rooted in the sin that plagues you or your family.

Walk in the authority that Christ has given you and overcome victoriously.

Rise up weak Christian and fight back.


2Corinthans 10:3-6


 For though we walk in the world, we do not fight according to this world’s rules of warfare. The weapons of the war we’re fighting are not of this world but are powered by God and effective at tearing down the strongholds erected against His truth. We are demolishing arguments and ideas, every high-and-mighty philosophy that pits itself against the knowledge of the one true God. We are taking prisoners of every thought, every emotion, and subduing them into obedience to the Anointed One. As soon as you choose obedience, we stand ready to punish every act of disobedience.

Sharing my testimony on a recent trip to Trinidad

 

 

All my love,

Obioma



 

No comments